Question
Posted by: DEL | 2011/10/13

CHEESE

please can you tell me if the mozarella cheese that is already sliced and individually packed in those plastic bags, is that healthy. I have just bought myself a pack and would like to know if i can continue eating it.

Thank you so much for answering all our questions. You really help us and I for one really appreciate it.

Dear Del
Thank you for your kind words, which makes it all worthwhile. As I mentioned to another Reader just now, Mozzarella cheese has a relatively low fat content compared to other types of cheeses, which automatically makes it a less energy-rich food. You can certainly continue eating it in portions of about 30g per day to provide you with the necessary protein and readily available calcium. According to the SA Food Composition Tables, Mozzarella contains 353 kJ and 6.5 g of fat per 30 g portion.
Enjoy

1

Dear Del
Enjoy