Question
Posted by: kimberly | 2011-03-19

cheek lines

i have cheek lines when i smile the lines are more near towards my ear not so much as near my mouth..... could filler be used to treat these superficial lines and what treatment would you recomend.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Kimberley, thank you for the question.

This is a difficult question to answer over the net as one would ideally like to examine the skin and the lines before deciding on the best treatment options. Filler may be used successfully for smile lines weather they are caused by dimples or by loss of elasticity but one may need to consider treatments that tighten the skin and stimulate collagen and elastin production such as medium depth peels or fractional skin resurfacing.

2
Posted by: Angela | 2011-03-31

Hi, I came to South Africa 6 years ago and I found the air quite dry and teh sun rather harsh. Over the years i have tried all sorts of moisturisers and exfoliators, masks etc- but i have looked with trepidation as my skin texture is not as smooth and supple as it used to be. I have subsequently started developing laughter lines near my mouth which I would like to ''arrest'' if I can. I turn 40 in May. My husband is younger than me so I really need to maintain my looks....

My second problem is I have dark circles around my eyes- i have had these even as I was growing up. I have never beenn on the pill. Oh by the way I am dark skinned.

What would you suggest i use?

Reply to Angela
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2011-03-21

Reply to anti-ageing expert