Question
Posted by: primrose | 2010/11/22

checking in

So I got over that last attack of fear of the future or whatever it was. I am settling in to the new town. I feel comfortable, even happy. But i am not doing much. Nothing of all my plans, all my dreams. just living from day to day, doing whatever has to be done and managing to lose every day like that. At the end of each day I think " what did I accomplish?"  and the answer is  " some housework" . I have accepted some invitations to socialise and I go along and behave as I am expected to, but I find myself wondering how long this is going to last and when can I go home? I expect more of myself but I don''t feel motivated to do more. How long do I give myself in this " holding mode" ?

Pleased to hear you're settling in. Sounds like an early priority now would be, perhaps with the aid of some counselling clarifying your aims and purposes in life. Holding patterns can be very tolerable, if they are part of some larger rational plan or pattern

1