Question
Posted by: mum | 2008-12-10

check ups

i' m nine weeks and 6 days pregnant how often should i do antenatal check ups, weekly, two to three weeks or a once a month, please advicefor my baby' s well being.

It depends on your age, medical history, how the pregnancy progresses, etc. Be guided by your gynaecologist.

2
Posted by: FTM | 2008-12-11

Hi there,

I have read that the standard is Weeks 1 to 25 odd once a month / every 4 weeks, then 2 a month / every 2 weeks to 32, then once a week... but... your gynae should guide you and let you know when and for what he wants to see you.

I am 18 weeks and have seen my gynae once a month / every 4 weeks from 6 weeks pregnant... every pregnancy is different though...

Anon is right, I think it' s more if there are complications etc.

Hope it helps!

Reply to FTM
Posted by: anon | 2008-12-10

Hi !
i think once a month is fine unless there is a complication

Reply to anon