Question
Posted by: ChrissyK | 2009/07/03

Check up revealed ...

So I went for a check up at my GP as I want to get back into the gym. I am a 27 year old mail. Turns out everything is ok except that my cholesterol is 7.1 and he says my liver is struggling a little. Now I know 7.1 is very high. Question is where to from here. Am I in the area of possible heart attack. I have been taking histak for acid reflux everyday for past 6 months. Could this be adding to liver strain and cholesterol. Smoke about 15 a day and very unfit with bad eating habits. I know this all needs to change and have started today already. Please advise on outlook of my medical issues ?

C

Exercise is great and a diet prescribed by a dietrician will be beneficial but you will need to be treated with a statin to lower your cholesterol to a level of between 2 to 3. Your doctor will need to do tests to determine the cause of your high cholesterol (it can be genetic). There will be no link between the histak you are taking and your liver.