Posted by: ANNIE | 2009-06-22

check up

hi there can you tell me what does a full check up entail and where do i go for this.

It rather depends on what you mean, Annie. A full physical check-up is where a doc, and a good GP can do this, or a general specialist physican, examines you carefully, checking on all major body systems, especially any where you have described any specific symptoms, and explores whether everything seems to be working well. In psych terms, a psychiatrist or psychologist would similar, listen to whatever complains or problems you may describe, and by asking a series of questions, check out all the major possibilities of a psyh disorder, to clarify if there is somthing specific wrong and whether it is severe enough to deserve treatment.

Posted by: annie | 2009-06-22

thanks CS - my family and friends keep telling me to go for a full check up as lately everything is going wrong with me. eg migraines stay longer now, before they stayed for 2-3 days now i sit with it for up to 8 days. my ankles swell for no reason. i get dizzy spells and blurr vision sometimes.depression. sleeping problems etc etc. we are going through alot of stress at work and i think its the stress. wont it get better without the check up.

Reply to annie