Posted by: Kaylee | 2009-01-13

Cheating partner

Please help!I have always regarded my partner of 7 years as ' Mr.Nice Guy' ,but his personality has changed redically over the last 6 months.I was shocked when I recently came across
him unexpectly poring over nude pictures of call girls on the
internet,and wiriting down their phone numbers!When I con-
fronted him he immediately switched off the computer,and
grabbed th piece of paper when I tried to take it away from
him.I have no idea how long he has been doing this for and am
really concerned.Do you think it advisable to have an AIDS
test in view of the circumstances,just to put my mind at rest?

One is not sure whether he has had any sexual encounters outside of your relationship, but I would advise you to have an AIDS test done to just safeguard yourself. By the sound of it you and your partner could benefit from Professional guidance should you want this relationship to continue in a constructive manner. People change and so do their needs and often we do not communicate the changes in needs. It is important to have a conversation about what is really lacking in your relationship in order to see what you as a couple could do to bring back the spark – an approach of accusations will provoke denial and defensiveness. Furthermore it is crucial that both need to take full responsibility for themselves as individuals and the depth of how each one’s actions impact on the other’s emotional and physical health.

Posted by: Lou | 2009-01-13

Kaylee - always follow your intuition! Get the HIV test and have an open and honest conversation with your man.

Reply to Lou