Posted by: Jo | 2009-04-23

Cheating husband?

I' ve realized a few months ago that my husband of 13 yrs is having a relationship with my sister in law. According to him the y are just friends but i beg to differ, as they speak to each other daily and even phone each other during the nights when i sleep. I love my husband but he is breaking my heart with what is going on. She sms' s him for up to 18 times a day and they speak for 10 to 30 minutes to each other but he won' t even speak to me for 5 minutes. He went away for work for a month and after he came back he doesn' t even touch me anymore, don' t even talk about sex! Should i leave him, or should i give rope to hang them? i' m going to sue her for breaking up my marriage - is that the right thing to do?

I agree that this is at least emotional infidelity and not acceptable. I'm not sure what else they'd do if given more rope ; and not sure ( you'd need to consult a lawyer ) whether you can, any more, sue someone for breaking up your marriage , fair though that might seem. Any chance of some marriage counselling to at least understand the situation better ? Have you been keeping copies of the SMS / calls / phone records ? Friends don't communicate so often with each other, not even very good but wholesome friends

Posted by: nay | 2009-04-24

I feel your pain. You can sue if you have R25000.00.That' s what it costs. This is what my attourney told me. But if you find another way, plase let me know.

Reply to nay

without even needing proof of them sleeping together you know enough to know that this is emotional infidelity, he has no respect for your marriage and for you, and your sister in law should be just as ashamed of herself as your husband should be of himself. Does her husband know about this and what does he have to say? I think its shamful because if it hasnt already, its clear that this will lead to sex because they are developing an emotional bond by having this " friendship"