Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-10

Cheating Hubby- what is the next step- M Unemployed

hi all

please help. just found out that my husband is cheating. This is the 2nd time after I forgave him the last time ( about 2 yrs ago)

I know i want out of this marriage but I dont know where to start. I am a housewife and have two young kids. My family is in the UK.

He is a good provider and I get a monthly allowance from him to take care of the household and kids and when I looked in my purse I had R50 to my name.

he is now sleeping in the guest bedroom and we have not spoken to each other since I confonted him on sunday.

What now, please help.

I'm sure other readers, from their own experience, can advise on where to start and all about endin a marriage. If you wished, you could insist that he join you in mariage counselling, to see if there is anything left to save, in this marriage, but otherwise it may be legal advice you need. Don't rush into this, as you need to ensure your financial and other security, and thaty of the children, and to ensure that he can and will pay appropriate maintenance to you

5
Posted by: Sam | 2009-11-11

I' d say go see a lawyer asap, and get him to pay for it. I knew someone a while back, who got her own lawyer (and her husband had to pay him on her behalf) and she got everything she needed so that she could get back on her own feet again.

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Woman | 2009-11-10

You can go to your nearest maintenance court and get an urgent maintenance and alimony decree against the cheating bastard who is trying to show you just how financially dependent you are on him.

Next, contact a family member you can trust and get yourself and your kids out of the house ASAP. Then, get a great lawyer and sue the pants off him.

He is not a good provider if he tries to punish you financially for his affairs.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: Anon | 2009-11-10

Thank you for your response.

We are married ANC with acrual

Posted by: Althea | 2009-11-10

Hi Anon, I' m so sorry for what happened to you just know that you not the first nor the last women that is and will go through this. I think you should take time and think about this first, what do you want to do, and what are you willing to tolerate and what not, Dont for one sec blame yourself for anything that happened cause its not your fault and there' s nothing that you have done wrong, I feel that men who cheats has few insecurities within themselves and you should not take any blame for his behavour. First make sure if you want to really give up this marriage and then you can take it from there, if i may ask are you married ANC or COP?

Reply to Althea