Question
Posted by: Anon | 2012-05-03

Cheating hubby and pregnant

I am currently pregnant with our 3rd child. To date, my husband and I have had a wonderful open relationship. We have a great sex life, we spend lots of time together, dont argue often etc. My husband started going to gym and started using steroids. Soon I noticed his behaviour changing. He became very aware of his appearance, he was no longer concerned over us or our family and many other little changes. To cut a long story short, I then found out that he has been chatting to a girl he met at the gym. There were various telephone calls and sms messages between the two of them. When confronted, he owned up, apologised and said that he is sorry and will do anything to fix it.

Obviously, I am now having serious trust issues and I am suspicious of everything... It kills me to feel like this all the time, the minute he sets foot out the door, I worry. He is really trying hard and I dont want to be the nagging wife and dont want to push him away but I also dont know how to deal with all the mistrust.

Sometimes the fear of what he could be getting up to is so bad that I dont sleep or eat and have these " panick attacks" . I just want to be able to deal with it and get a grip on myself - I hate feeling so vulnerable.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Taking steroids is absolutely NEVER ever a good idea - bad for the body and bad for the brain. Whoever is supplying the steroids is surely engaging in criminal activity, too. It will potentially change mood, and behaviour.
If he meant his apology and assertion that he'd do anything to fix it, he must agree to stop the steroids and see a psychiatrist to supervise that and assess their effects, and join you sincerely in marriage counselling.
This would reduce the risk of anything bad happening again, and give you less to worry about, as well as helping youm to assess the changing situation realistically and without over-stressing yourself.

3
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2012-05-03

What is an open relationship, do you have to be jealous if you are in an open relationship.

Reply to Motlalentwa
Posted by: JR | 2012-05-03

And he should go to another gym

Reply to JR