Question
Posted by: Minki | 2008/08/05

cheated on....

My boyfriend of 7 months cheated on me and i forgave him and later changed my mind. resoan being that i dont know how i would ever trust hime again if he is not with me, i dont like his friends who i believe are a bad influence on him, but he loves them and i am not okay with that.

He is in to alcohol not a full blown alcoholic but i believe he cant stpo on his own and he had agree to go to AA, to prove to me that he wants to chance, but i am affriad if i go back to him now i will not be trully happy...i love him very much and i can say he is my first love, but i dont want a life sentence.

i just need advise on how to deal with this, what can go wrong if i go back to him, or have i made the right decision...

YOu made a sensible, jusifiable and mature decision, and probably need to move on with your life. Don't accept his promises as though they represented achievements. Anyone can make promises. You don't need a cheating drunk in your life ;and accepting him back unchanged will encourage him to continue these ultimately self-destructive behaviours

3
Posted by: Bob' s Girlfriend | 2008/08/05

He' s a cheater and a drunk.

Why is this a difficult decesion?

Reply to Bob&#39 s Girlfriend
Posted by: Sonja | 2008/08/05

Hi there. I don' t know how old you are, but you have made a very mature decision. A decision that is right for you by the sound of your post. WHY be stuck with someone that has to change? WHY be stuck with someone that cannot do right by you from the start. YOU have definitely been the mature one in the relationship. Someone decent deserves you girl! Don' t take him back –  they only change for a short period and then it' s back to their selfish ways. YOU will find someone worthy of your love. Good luck.

Reply to Sonja
Posted by: Bonnie | 2008/08/05

It' s not an easy decision. I think you need to forget about hom and move on.... rather have a broken heart now than a broken marriage a few years down the line.

Reply to Bonnie