Posted by: Please advise | 2011-02-26

Thanks for the advice re parasitic infections. I contacted my doctor and I am giving a sample of stool on Monday.
When I researched parasitic infections, all sorts of scary things come up like seizures, brain tumours etc.
Also I was told that even infected stool samples may not yield detection.
Could you just tell me briefly what the symptoms are?
I have a 3 year old daughter, is it infectious?
What is the treatment once diagnosed?
My symptoms are:
diarrhea, very fuzzy head, occassional headaches, pain ranging from stomach area to lower intestine, occassional burning feeling in stomach area almost like heartburn but not as acidy.
Please help, this has been going on for a while now.

There is such a wide range range of parasites that can cause infections in humans. The symptoms are not always spesific of a parasitic infection. I would however, suggest that you consult a gastroenterologist for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy, as your symptoms might be due to gastric irritation or a gastric ulcer.

Please refer to the following link for general information about parasitic disease:

Follow the link to human parasitic infection. You will note that there are a multitude of different parasitic infections and each one are treated differently and will have to be investigated by a doctor to make the correct diagnosis and to prescribe the correct treatment.

Note that parasitic infections are contagious.

Posted by: catherine | 2011-02-26

another symptom mucus in stool. sorry.

Reply to catherine