Question
Posted by: New me! | 2009-03-24

Changing my life!

Hi Doc,

I' m a 22 year old that has been mocked, teased and made out to be a fool since I hit the age of 14, but I' ve decided to let go of their hurtful words and make something of myself. I feel the same as Saddy (without the dreams of being a model and all that) and I read what you said to her and it' s true. I read all the posts for people with low self esteem and sometimes the other users are a bit harsh but your words are kind and true and really motivating. If people don' t like me for me, thats fine, but I' m not going to cower and cry ' WHY DOESN' T ANYONE LIKE ME?'  anymore. I' m going to get more exercise, pamper myself, get pretty clothes and really put myself out there!!! Make everyone wrong about me and shove it in their faces for being so judgemental! Thank you so much Doc!!!

Congratulations on handling discouragement well. Siccess is the best revenge. I can remember meeting people who as boys had taunted and belittled me --- and every one has been a sad failure in life, and timidly apologised to me. Some people don't like you --- so what ? SOME people will never like you --- so what ? Some people have really lousy taste ! As long as the right people, like you for the right reasons, and so long as YOU like you, for the right reasons, this is fine. Early on I realized that it was poibntless to try and win approval from lousy people, and moved beyond that, to realizing that there are some people so low that if they DO approve of you, you know you must be doing something wrong.
And the best reply I heard to someone who was moaning about "why does nobody like me ?", was the guy who said --- Don't exaggerate. There are some regions in Kaxakhstan where they haven't decided yet

1
Posted by: P | 2009-03-24

Hi new u, i am one of those people commented, and yes Congratulations i am also working on that " new me"  since i broke up wit my boyfriend i almost felt worthless bt i' ve met grate people recently that have ideas of wat i can do,so from now on i want to eat right, always look good and be more involved in community activities keep myself busy on wknds like volunteering in charities and staff i think doing something good for someone else needy might help me heal and feel good abt myself...well as for critics i don hv a problem with someone lacks confidence but with somebody that doesn love herself bcos of other people and wanting something that she' s not...good luck my dear u still young and hv a life ahead of u...

Reply to P