Question
Posted by: merry | 2009-11-25

changing levels in blood

I asked my GP why this happened and he said he doesn' t know!! In the space of 2 weeks, my blood prssure changed from 160/80 to 145/90, my fasting blood sugar from 4.4 to 6.1, my fasting cholesterol I don' t remember the number but it went from really healthy to unhealthy. The only difference in my health over the 2 week period was the disappearance of a bladder infection thanks to antibiotic treament.
So either the sphygmomanometer and the fingerprick test machines are crazy or something weird is happening inside me. I am on no medication for blood sugar or cholesterol or blood pressure.

Dear Merry
blood pressure is not something that stays stable - it goes up and down during the day. A better way to determine if your BP is really too high is to take your BP same time every day by same person and same machine and work out the average over 5-7 days. If then too high (>140 at the top, >90 at the bottom) you probably need further examination ( ECG, kidney functions etc)
I think you should do a Fasting Cholesterol and Fasting Glucose at a lab like Ampath.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009-11-25

Dear Merry

Reply to cyberdoc