Posted by: Boerboel Owner | 2009-01-31

Changing foods

On the 14 Jan I bought a 20kg bad of Ultra dog growth for R390 and then I go today (31 Jan) I find its gone up to R470 as a result I only bought the 8kg bag with the view of phasing my dogs out of Ultra Dog and into Pedigree. I`d like to how long will it be before I can see if Pedigree is not really good for my dogs? Are there any specific things I should look out for?

Dear Boerboel Owner

Eukanuba gives R100 off a 15kg bag in the puppy packs. I would feed Eukanuba if you can get hold of the vouchers. Your cost per day should be more or less the same with Ultradog as Pedigree.

Posted by: WR | 2009-02-01

I' m a firm believer in Eukanuba - very good food, and yes, the price per bag sounds expensive - if you work it out per day, it is quite a bit cheaper than Vet' s Choice.
My dogs are in EXCELLENT condition, and at a cheaper " rate/day" 
Contact Eukanuba and ask about their Breeders Club - it works out even cheaper if you buy as a breeder.

Reply to WR
Posted by: Chill | 2009-01-31

Unless they' re actually allergic or something, it would be a while - you' ll see if their condition, appearance and energy levels are good, and then you' ll know.

Having said that... I happened to spot Ultradog at a vetshop yesterday, and they said it was R159 for 8 kg (plus you got a small bag free, special offer). That wasn' t ultra dog growth - is that different?

They mentioned it' s the third-ranked dogfood in .za now - after Hills and Vet' s Choice. Might be sales talk - no way to tell....

Reply to Chill