Posted by: Bianca | 2009-09-14

Changes &  Pain in Menstrual Cycle

My cycle has always been irregular (anything from 3 weeks to 5 weeks apart and can change from a heavy flow for a week to hardly anything for 2/3 days) I have never had period pains etc. The last 6 months I have horrible pains, mostly the week after. The PMS symtems (which i also never had - being emotional, mood swings, food cravings, etc) I also get the week after my period. My breasts are so sore and sensitive (throughout the whole month) I am eating normally, nothing has changed in my diet. I am not on any contraceptive. I have had cysts on my ovaries in the past and they have been removed.
My muscles are also stiff the entire time and Im am always tired. I get monthly Vitamin B shots at my pharmacy, this does not seem to help at all. Could all this be stress of weight related or could this be something more serious?

Irregular periods and cysts sound like PCOS. Your symptoms suggest a hormonal problem, but you would need further tests to determine exactly what this is. Tiredness and stiffness may be due to stress, but period pains and sore breasts would not be.