Posted by: scorpio | 2008-12-04

change personality

Hi. I want to change my personality. I have come a long way as I used to be extremely introverted and now inbetween an introvert &  an extrovert. I have been going to CBT which has helped a lot. A lot of people say that they can see a fundamental change in the way I think &  behaviour (which is good)!! How do I change even more?

Its not so much an issue of changing your basic personality, as of changing how that personality is expressed in your thouights and behaviours, and that's where CBT should be helpful. Delighted to hear how mucvh you have changed with CBT, and that other notice and comment --- congratulations --- well done ! Don't over-reach --- its still the best method for you, so discuss with your CBT therapist what further goals would be reasonable, and reachable