Posted by: Worried | 2009-05-06

Change in body with ongoing breast pain

For the past 2 cycles, my body has suddenly changed. Around the time I ovulate, by breasts are so sore and swollen, I can barely touch tem, and they swell so much that I have gotten new stretch marks on them. They are very tender for about a week during ovulation, then subside very slightly, but are sore again until after my period. SO basically, I have sore breasts for 2 to almost 3 weeks a month, swollen. I actually thought I was pregnant the last time, because I have NEVER had this before.
I am almost 27 and was wondering if my hormones are changing slightly? Add to that, I have subtle, ongoing ovary cramps, and wondering if cycts could be the problem, as I have had them before. I also struggle with this pain after sex. I had a cyst rupture a few years ago and had an operation to drain it, but it wasn' t removed. Please advise!!

It sounds like you need to see a gynaecologist to check what is going on. In the meantime, try Evening Primrose oil for the sore breasts.