Question
Posted by: Small | 2008/06/25

Chances to fall pregnant

Two years back i had problem with my Period,They use to show every after two weeks which was not normal,i went to the docter last year early February,the docter said to me My hormones are not ok,He gave me the pill(Contraceptives)to take them for three months,and if there are no chanfes i must come back for the tests,i did not go back because after three months my period were normal and i stop the pill after seven months.I want to know that after that problem i had with my period.Do i have a chance to fall pregnant.please help

Dear Small
Certainly if your periods have returned to normal the likelihood of conception would increase. However this does not necessarily rule out other possible causes, which may be associated with your fertility problem such as tubal occlusion, or sperm related problems. Therefore I would suggest that a full fertility work-up be considered before embarking on any specific treatment. In the interim simple ovulation monitoring by means of urine LH testing kits such as Clearplan together with timed intercourse may be of value.