Question
Posted by: Precious | 2013-01-09

Chances of pregnancy

I will be turning 35 in March i have had two miscarriages in the last two years first one in September 2011 and another in July 2012. What are my chances of having a normal pregnancy i had a hassle free pregnancy in 2009, but my baby died in Feb 2011.

Do i sound like someone with fertility issues or should keep on trying? My periods are not so regular last month i had 25 day cycle and now its 28 days (periods started today 9 Jan). I did a home ovulation test and showed that i was ovulating but i guess it wasnt time yet. I am on folic as prescibed by gynae.

Will still like to have two babies by the time am 38
Please help, am desperate

Dear precious
The problem at hand is not so much a fertility problem as a problem of pregnancy losses. At this stage I would suggest that you see your gynaecologist in this regard or if you wish a fertility specialist to help investigate the recurrent causes of your pregnancy losses.
Answered by: Dr M.I.Cassim