Question
Posted by: Mommy | 2012/07/12

Chances of genetic disorders

Hi doc. I am not sure if this is your field, but my parents were first cousins. My son had to wear glasses from 18 months (his one eye turns in) and my daughter was recently diagnosed with a hearing impairment (she has a mild hearing impairment on high frequencies on both her ears). I have recently found out that my parents were first cousins and not ''far cousins'' as I have alway thougt. It is now bugging me and I am worried that this is the cause of these impairments in my kids, or is that the ''roll of the dice''?

This is a rather complex question and certainly may simply be a chance effect, unless you and your husband are also very closely related

1
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/07/24

Reply to Fertility Expert