Question
Posted by: Lals | 2009-04-09

Chances of a third pregnancy

I fell pregnant using ivf with icsi 3 years ago as my husband had only 1% normal morphology.
3 months after giving birth, I fell pregnant naturally! So I now have 2 small children.
We would very much like a third child. I have just gone off Yasmin. Do you think it'  s possible to fall pregnant naturally again (how long does it take for pregnancy after going off Yasmin?) or was that some kind of miracle?
Does my age (now 29) have any bearing?
And the fact that I have had 2 caesars - does that affect chances of falling pregnant again?

Dear Lals

It would be advisable to attempt natural conception once again for a period of at least 6-9 months with the aid of ovulation monitoring using the urine LH monitoring kits e.g. Clearplan. The previous caesars should not have any immediate bearing on conception as such. It would be also advisable to repeat the sperm analysis and establish whether there has been any significant change in the morphology parameters.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim