Question
Posted by: Daphne | 2012-07-18

Chances

I have been sterilized about two and a half years ago but am now worried, what is the chances of me falling pregnant again if we do not use any form of contraceptive? Medically it was near impossible for me to have had my two children as a result of non ovulation due to PCOS. Now, if I could get pregnant twice without medical intervention what is my chances now? I hear it is possible to get pregnant again.

Dear daphne

I am not sure if your concern is that you may fall pregnant or that you may want to fall pregnant in the future. After a sterilisation the chances of falling pregnant is extremely low, the figures quoted are 3:1000. If you have been sterilised you do not need to take additional sterilisation in the fear that you may fall pregnant. It is however possible to get pregnant after a sterilisation, the reversibility of the sterilisation can be done or IVF treatment can be obtained.
Answered by Dr Y.M.Dasoo