Posted by: Jill | 2009-08-21

how soon after ivf implantation can you get a positive hpt??
it was done on the 7th of august and a neg hpt today - what are the chances?

Dear Jill

Usually on the 10th day after embryo transfer a sensitive blood pregnancy test may be positive. However should this be negative I recommend repeating the test on day 12 by which time it would most certainly reflect whether a pregnancy has occurred or not.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: R | 2009-08-26

I had egg retrieval on 4 Aug and embryo transfer on 7 Aug. My gynae said wait 16 days before blood test. I couldn t of course, so did home test on day 14 - it was negative - i was devastated. Day 16 was on Sunday so on Mon i wnt for blood test and it was positive!! All the best.

Reply to R