Question
Posted by: anon | 2012-04-18

Champix question

I am reading the other questions and see that there is something new out called Champix. Now my concern is the side effects. I tend to have panic attacks and anxiety in general. If i start having side effects from the tablets then I worry that i will have panic attack and so my world goes round and round!! What can i do about that. Do not want to have to take Champix, anxiety medication, nausea medication. Then I start stressing about all the tablets I am taking!!??

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Champix requires a doctor's prescription, so if you are considering taking it then you would consult your doctor and tell him/her about your medical history and any concurrent conditions, symptoms, health concerns and other medications you may be taking. He/she will decide with you if it is safe and suitable in your case. Quitting smoking will help reduce anxiety symptoms in the long term, and the health benefits are almost certain to be worth enduring most side effects on Champix. You are quite right to be cautious about factors that might trigger a panic attack however, so please be sure to speak to your doctor about this possibility. If Champix is not medically suitable for you, then your doctor can also recommend alternative smoking cessation aids.

1
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012-04-18

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice