Posted by: Reginald | 2012-12-11

Champix - day 8 and no difference

I''m on day 8 on the Champix treatment, and not feeling a difference. Is there something that I should know? On the packet it says you must quit between days 8 - 14. Surely there must be some sort of effect at this stage?

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

It takes a while for the medication to build up in the body and start working; this is why the recommendation is that you set your actual quit start day for one to two weeks after you start taking it. Everyone's quit experience is a little different; it may take longer for your nicotine cravings to subside. Don't give up, and continue with the course.

Posted by: Sam | 2013-07-26

I am 45 years old and have been smoking since I was 19. I never ever thought I would be able to quit. I have one more week to go on my 12 week course of Champix . I only stopped smoking on Day 17 of Champix and have not looked back. It is worth enduring the side effects because I promise you it does work. I didn't believe it would work either, but with each passing day at the beginning of the course, smoking became less and less appealing until it actually made me feel sick. You will give up, just hang in there. Good luck!

Reply to Sam
Posted by: Champix | 2013-07-02

Tomorrow i will be on day 8 of Champix. i still get the urge to smoke an i've set my en date on day 10. I'm having trouble sleeping, so I'm taking sleeping tablets (which are quite potent). Just really wondering if quitting might be easier without the Champix's side-effects?

Reply to Champix
Posted by: Egbert | 2013-05-10

I quitted using Champix nearly a year ago and my wife is already over a year. Don’t give up, IT WORKS. By the way, i was smoking for 29 years.

Reply to Egbert