Question
Posted by: Alet Salgado | 2012-03-25

Champix and asthma

I have asthma and use Champix at the moment and have more asthma attacks that ever. Is there any other person that have the same experience? And is this save to use if you have asthma?

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Hi Alet, please tell your doctor without delay about the increase in asthma attacks if you haven't already. Champix may sometimes cause serious side effects if used with asthma medication, so your doctor may decide to change dosages. Be sure to tell your doctor about any drugs (prescription and non-prescription)you may be taking, and any health issues.

7
Posted by: champix Iraqi user | 2015-04-02

i took champix for one month , after two weeks i felt tightness in chest and light cough in the beginning but it developed with some wight mucous, i stopped taking it but still have cough and now i feel Fumble as well, dont know what to do?

Reply to champix Iraqi user
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012-04-05

I''m not quite sure what you''re asking here - do you mean will Champix have any curative effect on active TB? The answer is no - only a full course of TB medication can make a difference, and if you think you have TB you must get treated. It is certainly important to stop smoking if you have TB, but it may not be advisable to take Champix in your case - you must speak to your doctor about this and fully disclose your medical history and any medications you are taking in case there are potential negative interactions.

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice
Posted by: Lou | 2012-04-03

if tuberculosis is present but has not been treated, how will champix affect it?

Reply to Lou
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012-03-27

Hi Hava - yes, it may very well work for you but your doctor will tell you if it''s suitable in your case or if you need to try other methods.

Gina - you can develop asthma as an adult.

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice
Posted by: Gina | 2012-03-27

Is one born with asthma, can you just get it.

Reply to Gina
Posted by: Hava Neveling | 2012-03-27

Please tell me if Champix is good to help me leave smokes.
My doctor says I am nearing a stroke or a heart attack and
I want to leave smoking. Also how much does this cost.

Reply to Hava Neveling
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012-03-26

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice