Question
Posted by: xoxo | 2012/08/27

Champix &  birth control

I have been taking Champix for the last 8 days and i have to say I don''t feel for a smoke at all and i went on the 1mg dosage and the nausea is bad.
Does Champix cancel out my birth control (Nordette) or is it safe to continue with Nordette while on Champix?

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Champix shouldn't affect the efficacy or safety of your birth control, but be sure your prescribing doctor knows you are on oral contraceptives, along with any other medications you may be taking.

3
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/09/13

I doubt the kidney infection is related, but it may not be advisable to take Champix while you are ill. Also people with chronic kidney problems often can''t take Champix. But if your doctor was aware you were on Champix when he/she prescribed the antibiotics, that should be fine. Be sure to report any new symptons asap however.

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice
Posted by: xoxo | 2012/09/03

I have been on Champix 13 days and I have an kidney infection. Not sure if this is related. My doc has put me on antibiotics (Austell co Amoxic 625mg). I don''t wanna stop the Champix course but also want to clear up the infection. Is it safe to use anitbiotics (Austell co Amoxic 625mg) with Champix? please help

Reply to xoxo
Posted by: Stop Smoking Advice | 2012/08/30

Reply to Stop Smoking Advice