Posted by: Pamela | 2013-02-12

Im currently using Champix - in my last week of the starter pack, however Im still smoking??

Do I continue? Will the next month be better? I am smoking much less the desire to smoke is still very much present.

I used Zyban a number of years ago and I found that the ''desire to smoke'' was gone within days but not so with Champix?

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Please note that you are suppose to choose a date when you will stop smoking and then continue with the rest of the medication. So stop smoking and use the rest of the medication. If it is still not working, try Zyban again. Medication has different effects on different people, so maybe Zyban will be more effective for you. You can also try Quit spray.