Question
Posted by: dum | 2010/09/26

chaance

I have a few questions.my gf stopped having her period in Feb.does that mean she does not produce eggs?last week she was diagnosed as having a hormonal imbalance.is it possible that the hormonal imbalance can caused raised levels of the hormone that indicates pregnancy.what are the chances of getting pregnant with non penetrative sex?My gf gynae said in late august she is not preg,the endocrinologist this week said she is two months preg.y did a gynae not pick it up or is the endocrinoligist not experienced in this field to state she is two months preg.very worried about this situation as it could affect the lives of our families.do u suggest she go to a gynae for a second opinion.

Dear Dum
A woman can stop menstruating because she is pregnant or because she does not ovulate, or because she has hormonal imbalances. There is a very specific test for pregnancy called Beta HCG blood test. Any GP can draw blood for this. Rarely one will find an increased beta HCG when not pregnant, but then a pregancy can be confirmed or excluded by a sonar of the uterus.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/27

Dear Dum
dr Bets