Question
Posted by: Tofsi | 2008/08/28

Ceylon Tea

How bad is tea when you' re trying to lose weight. I love tea and drink about 5/6 cups a day. I have ceylon tea with fat free milk and no sugar....should I be trying to give it up? It fills the gap when I' m peckish.

Tofsi

Dear Tofsi
If you add about 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of fat-free milk to your tea this contributes 44 kJ of energy and 6 cups would provide 6 x 44 = 264 kJ to your daily intake or 4% of your daily energy requirement which is negligible. Drinking tea has positive effects because tea contains high levels of antioxidants and if it keeps you satiated then it will also help with your weight loss.
Enjoy