Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/09

cesarean birth

i' d like to know why people object to cesarean birth when infact it does save the lives of many mothers and many babies.having lost my first child after a very difficult and traumatic labour the baby died 3 days after which was so devastating to me. i had another baby a year afterwards by a cesarean and i' m so glad everything went fine for me.now,i' m expecting again and plan on another c-birth.but so many people discourage me.should i go for a natural birth knowing fully well the trauma i went through the first time and lost my son? please i need advice

A caesarean is an operation and it does have risks. If it is necessary that is fine, but this is not always the case. Once you have had one caesarean there is a small risk of uterine rupture and there is a higher chance of ending up with another caesarean. If you wanted to have a repeat caesarean, this would be reasonable.

3
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/09

Do not take notice of other people.Its your choice and no one elses.I also had a c-sec both times.My first baby was breech,and even if he wasnt,i still would have wanted a c-sec!

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/09

hi, sorry to hear of your loss. it' s terrible. i had a c-section with my first born because i wanted to. and i' ll have the same next month. it' s a personal choice and i' m happy with my decision. you should not feel bad going for the c-section a second time.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/06/09