Posted by: Confused | 2009-08-05

i had a CIN3 removed by letz cone biopsy 8 yrs ago, i go for yearly pap smears and all have been clear since and before this episode. Do i need to live in fear of cervical cancer? i continue to go yearly but what worries me is that 6 months before i discovered above cells i had a clear smear then went again 6 months later as i was planning a pregnancy then discovered this CIN3 which means in 6 months it went from being a clear smear to CIN3 i was also on high dose cortisone within the 6 month period, could this of contributed perhaps? i might need to go on rebif 3x wkly injectables, will this lower my immunity and cause me to have abnormal smears again?

I live in fear since having these lesion of cervical cancer and i believe i cannot have the vaccine? my husband had warts removed but i never had any warts except once during my 1st preg which was after the above were removed. I am done with my family so do you think i ts advisable to put my mind at ease and have my cervic removed? can this be done and what exactly does such a op entail? is it a hysterectomy?

If you have been clear for 8 years, there is a very good chance that you will remain clear. It may be that the smear six months before the CIN 3 was not high enough in the cervical canal. With your background, your doctors wll make sure to get as high a smear as possible. The cone biopsy would have removed the active area of the cervix.Any further surgery would mean a hysterectomy.