Posted by: Ane | 2011-06-15

Cervical vertigo

Hi. Week before last(the Sat)I experienced a light dizzyspell which only lasted less than an hour. The following Mon,same thing,only this time it lasted more than 4hrs. Coupled with extreme nauzea and vomiting. Went to doc,prescribed Stugeron for treatment of vertigo. It has not made any difference,the episodes now happen every day but only when I wake up. That now lasts for up to 4to 6hrs if not longer. But strange enough it seems to aggrevate it more when head turns to the left,but I don''t have an ear infection,or at least its not sore. What can be done to relieve it and could it be Cervical vertigo?

It sounds like if you are suffering from benign positional vertigo that has no definate cause but it can be triggered by sudden movement of your head and neck, rolling over in bed or bending forward. I suggest that you consult an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist for an examination, to have a proper diagnosis made. The Epley maneuver is very effective in treating this condition.