Question
Posted by: Miriam | 2010/07/06

cervical stitch

Hi Doc,

I recently did IVF and am happy that I am pregnant. I want to know if I can request for my doc to put in a cervical stitch later on?

Is it also normal to have some pale pinkish mucus every other day? I am on cyclogest daily. There is no bleeding, just pinkish mucus atleast once a day.

Dear Miriam

Having a pinkish mucus everyday may not necessarily always indicate a problem and providing that you are taking your Cyclogest daily and the pregnancy is continuing well then there should be no problem except if there is any fresh bleeding. A cervical stitch is only beneficial in a pregnancy where there is a history of recurrent mid-trimester pregnancy loses or miscarriages or there is a confirmed finding of cervical incompetence. Other than that a cervical stitch will not be helpful.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

1
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2010/07/16

Dear Miriam

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert