Question
Posted by: Mandy | 2010/02/11

Cervical Spondylosis

I found out that I have cervical spondylosis 2 1/2 yrs ago. I am 41 and have not had an injury to my neck. On the x-ray it was stated that I had osteophytes and degeneration of the 5th and 6th vertebrae. I suffer on and off with neck pain, head aches etc. My physio suggested that I have another x-ray done a year after the first so that we can see how fast it is deteriating. I have not done that. At the moment I am in a lot a pain and am back to wearing the neck collar while sleeping and while I am a passenger in a car. Do you think it is a good idea to have another x-ray? I am not on medical aid so I don' t want to spend money unnessecary but at the same time I think I need to know if I should be slowing down with my sport activities (I do dancing and body boarding).

Hallo Mandy
It may be time for a follow up xray. If you go, take your old x/rays with so that the radiologist can compare the two.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/02/11

Hallo Mandy

Reply to cyberdoc