Question
Posted by: Ally | 2008/06/23

Cervical Spine X Ray

Hello.

I recently viewed the question from Peter and the response thereof.
My wife went for an X-Ray today under the advice of her GP after complaining of persistent upper back and neck pain.
The report was as follows:
1. There is early disc space narrowing at C3/4 and C4/5.
2. There is loss of cervical lordosis.
3. No instability on the neutral stress views.
4. Normal prevertebral soft tissues and C1/2 articulation.
5. No foraminal narrowing.

Please advise if this is serious as my wife is getting very stressed as we will only be seeing the specialist at the end of this week.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

Dear Ally
It also basically means that there are some wear and tear changes (disc narrowing) and this is probably causing the loss of cervical lordosis (normal curvature of the neck vertebrae). No other abnormalities seen- so no reason to see someone earlier.