Question
Posted by: New@this | 2009-05-28

Cervical Mucus

I would like to know. I have never before had the a cervical mucus discharge, but for the last couple of months I have. Is this a definate indication of ovulation? Or could it be that I' m still not ovulating? I have PCOS and have been on meds.

Dear New@this

The presence of cervical mucus is not a definitive indicator of ovulation however, if present, indicates that it is likely that ovulation has taken place. If you have PCOS and are on medication to assist you with ovulation then the chances are high that ovulation is taking place. The ideal test to detect if ovulation is taking place is a day 21 progesterone level to see if this increases or not.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo