Question
Posted by: René  | 2010/03/29

cervical cancer

Cervical cancer is caused by hpv. How long does this virus live in one''s body and can a male infect a female years after he has been infected. Once a hysterectomy has been done, am I free of the virus?

The virus is there for many years and a male can infect a female after many years. Once a hysterectomy has been done and the cervix removed, there is no further risk of cervical cancer.

2

Posted by: me | 2010/03/29

The HPV virus lives in your body forever. Yes a male can infect a female however chances are slim if he does not have an outbreak i.e. if there are no visible warts. But I''m not sure if this means he wont infect a woman. And vice versa. No, a hysterectomy does not make you free of the virus, as the virus lives in your body..

Reply to me