Posted by: Thuli | 2009-02-21

Cervical Cancer

Please explain what CIS1 is? Have gone for a Pap smear, Doctor say its cervical cancer CIS1 but its only restricted to the mouth of the vagina( early stages) therefore treatment is not needed to come back after six month fot a retest. Have had symptoms for seven months: heavy discharge, bleeding, pelvic pains and severe weight loss

It means that there are mild precancerous changes in the cervix. Sometimes these can disappear on their own. If they do not,a simple procedure can be done to remove the cells. This is not cancer but PRE- cancer, i.e. can go on to become cancer after several years if not treated.

Posted by: laser | 2009-02-23

Hi Thuli

I' ve just had laser treatment for CIN1 precancerous cells and it' s no big deal - you just need to watch that it doesn' t develop further. The fact that you' re having all those others symptoms is worrying though. Maybe it' s something other than the CIN1 causing the other symptoms. I' d go back to my doc or get a second opinion. After all, you' re paying good money and it' s his/her job to fix the problem!

Best wishes :)

Reply to laser