Posted by: anon | 2012-10-15

cervical canceer

Hi Doc, im 24yrs with 2 kids youngest 3 months old, im HIV +ve and on arv''s, i went for a papsmear n results came back +ve with cervical cancer, they redid the papsmear just to be sure, wht are chances of healing the cancer

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the stage of your cervical cancer. Cervical cancer can be treated very successfully with surgery, radiotherapy and chemotherapy. If the cancer is situated in the cervix and has not spread, the doctors should be able to resect the cancer and remove the cancerous growth completely.

Posted by: anon | 2012-10-17

Thanks Doc, does my hiv status and the fact that i am on arv''s have a effect on successful treatment

Reply to anon