Question
Posted by: A | 2008/07/29

Cerebral palsy

My fiance' s son is 14yrs old. When he was born he was diagnosed with this condition. For the last 10 yrs there has been no sign of it, two weeks ago he had a fit again after all these years. He had one again yesterday. I do not know much about this condition, but is there anything that could have triggered it, is there anything that can be done to relieve it, its more epilepsie fits.

Hallo A
You did not say if he is on any medication, but in their teens they grow very fast and may sometimes “outgrow” their medication dosage, so this may need to be adjusted. Epilepsy can also be triggered by hormonal changes. Best would be to take him to a neurologist for a follow-up and re-evaluation of his condition.

1
Posted by: Emma | 2008/07/29

As far as I know people with cerebral palsy have mental and or physical disabilies, not just epileptic fits on their own. So I don' t understand that there could be no sign of cp for 10 years. (unless your are refering to the fits only) I know that every person with cp is different, some bad and some not so bad. I have cp and believe me it has been " there"  for 51 years.

Read up on cerebral palsy under " Child"  on health 24.

Reply to Emma