Question
Posted by: Lhoza | 2008/07/02

Cerebral Palsy

My grandson is 4 years now and cannot talk,walk,sit or eat on his own. He is drooling a lot, my problem is that he gets feverish almost every time bcos of his drooling. Also he constipates a lot as a result I have been using milk of magnesia but now its not helping, is there any doctor who can help me with his drooling bcos i think he is loosing to much water that is needed by his body or anyone who can advise me on anything

I am very much worried as a result sometimes I cant sleep at night thinking of ways of helping my grandson

Frustrated Granny

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

I recommend that you make an appointment with a Paediatrician, regarding his drooling. For the constipation, you can give him Laxette syrup, 5ml twice daily, for 7 days.

To help you sleep at night, you can ask your GP, to prescripe Trepilene.

Kind regards