Question
Posted by: Jackie | 2008/06/06

Cereal

Hi there- how effective is the Special K diet really? And wouldn't normal cereal do the trick as well? I need to lose weight quite quickly for a very important function. I've started walking 30 mins twice everyday to speed up the weight losing process but I also want to know about diets

Dear Jackie
I have never seen the results of studies that compare Special K to other cereals for weight loss, but you can also use All-Bran or other low-GI cereals with a low fat content to lose weight. For an example of an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet'). The important thing is that you reduce your energy intake (which is usually best achieved by cutting down on fat intake) and increase your energy output (which you are already doing with the walking).
Good luck with the weight loss

1
Posted by: Peppi | 2008/06/10

Special K is a high-GI cereal according to the Liesbet Delport GI book, so I really doubt Kelloggs' claims.

Reply to Peppi