Question
Posted by: Stephani | 2008/09/16

Centrum

I would like to start taking a multivitamin and heard that Centrum is very good. Is it true or is there a better complete vitamin I can take? I am a woman in my late twenties. Would a multivitamin cause me to gain weight or is it a myth?

Dear Stephani
There are many excellent vitamin and mineral supplements on the market and Centrum is one of them, so by all means take it 2-3 times a week. If you are eating a balanced diet and are not exposed to abnormal stress then you don't need to take supplements every day. The latest research cautions against the use of vitamin and mineral supplements on a daily basis if there is no direct indication for supplementation. These supplements should not cause weight gain.