Question
Posted by: halima essa | 2010/11/03

cellulitis

hi.i have a rather ugly swell on my right foot and excruciating pain.my physician tells me it is cellulitis and he has prescribed lamasil with some anti-biotics.however, the swell has thus far not subsided and the pain is very much still there.i am really worried.please advise.
thank you so much
kind regards
halima essa
durban.

Hallo Halima
How long have you been on the antibiotics? It may take a few days before the antibiotics start working but if it does not improve in 5-7 days, you probably need admission and an antibiotic with a drip. Elevating the foot and applying warm, moist compresses may aid the body in fighting infection by increasing blood supply to the tissues as well as by helping the swelling to subside. You should also rest the foot.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/03

Hallo Halima