Question
Posted by: Lynie | 2011-02-17

Cellulities

Good-day

My mom who is 61yrs old has been suffering from acute infection of Cellulities. She has been to doctors, been in and out of public hopitals. All thery prescrip is antibiotics for the inflammation and leg ellavation. We buy her painkillers and this has been going on for two months with no end to the pain or discomfort.

please help

Hallo Lynie
Cellulitis could be a result of other underlying diseases like diabetes, or reduced blood flow in the leg. Severe eczema could also look like cellulitis (red, warm, swollen). She may also have an infection from a bacteria resistant to the antibiotics that was given. I suggest that you get an opinion from a surgeon or physician (they can do blood tests to check if there are signs of infection in the blood) and if the blood tests are negative, to get a dermatologist's opinion. She may need to wear pressure stockings to increase blood flow in the leg.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011-02-17

Hallo Lynie