Posted by: Tilda | 2012-02-29

I am a 35 year old mother of two who used to have a body for days but that all disappeared in the past four years through birth weight. I am 1.85m tall and weigh at the most 75kg.

I have bad cellulite on my thighs and it is killing my self esteem as I can not wear what I like or allow anybody to me naked including my husband. My body was my form of beloging and I do not want to look old yet not this way but gracefully atleast.

My desperation is to the level that I am willing to even go for cosmetic surgery just to fix my thighs and love handles.

I am desperate and getting to a level of depression, I am in gym for the past four months but no results.

Please help

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Tilda , thank you for the question and I am sorry to hear what you are going through.

Unfortunately cellulite is difficult to treat as it is caused by the loss of strength of the connective fibres under the skin and fatty layer. Liposuction is contra-indicated for cellulite as it can make the appearance worse. Your best option would be to consult a plastic surgeon who can examine the area and discuss the various options available.

My advice would be to consider using the Velashape ( which is specifically indicated in treating cellulite and will also help in reducing some of the extra fat around the thigh and love handle areas. Please contact Radiant Healthcare (011) 7948253 to find the closest doctor with the Velashape.

Posted by: Tilda | 2012-03-02

I agree with you this has put a stop to my sexual life as well, I can not look at myself in a mirror and I end up beliving each stupid advert on cellulite because I am so desperate. I have been told by many that age has taken its toll but I ask when because I did not see this coming, can someone please tell us how to reverse the damage at least by 50% it will be ok.

Like you when I am dressed they say I am a model but boy ooh boy alone I am dying because of this. I have googled training programmes but none seems to help.

Reply to Tilda
Posted by: Lynnette | 2012-03-01

Tilda we are in the same boat.

Like you I had a body which used to stop traffic. I am 38 now and am also a mother. I obviously accept there is natural wear and tear over the years, no matter what one''s body looked like before. But my biggest concern is the cellulite on thighs and bum. I am a single mother and do go on dates once in a while...however they never progress to the physical stage because I go into a panic thinking what a man will think when he sees my cellulite. I gym regularly - in fact to see me in the gym you will even admire my body. I am 1.68 and wieght 55kg, same weight as when I was 17. Weight is not my issue at all. However underneath the gym clothes is skin which is not firm and is full of lumps and bumps. I use the cellulite creams, I follow a healthy diet, u name it. I don''t know what to do and my self-confidence is shattered. The worst is when you comapre the body you had now, to the body you had then. There is an overwhelming feeling of being really unnattactive. I literally cannot imagine being naked in front of a man. Between me and a firm 24 yr old, who is he going to pick? It''s really depressing.

Reply to Lynnette