Question
Posted by: T | 2010/09/01

cellulite

I am trying to gain weight but as a result cellulite is increasing. How can I prevent it?

Hi T

If you're increasing cellulite, it means that your weight gain is mostly fat mass (cellulite is the storage of fat). That means you're probably going about it the wrong way and taking in too much fat in the diet and also not training the best way to build muscle (I am assuming that you are training on top of this).

In terms of diet, if you increase your energy intake too much, then you will store fat, and that's not healthy or desirable. So you need to look at just how you're training to gain - the ideal is to train (specifically with weights) and to increase energy intake a small amount. Eating more, without training, doesn't really work either.

So I'd see a dietician and then look at your training - i don't know what you've tried, but that's what you need to think about.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010/09/06

Hi T

Reply to fitnessdoc