Question
Posted by: Anne | 2010/08/18

cellulite??

hi , i weighed 72kgs last year and i didnt have cellulite at all. this year i have managed to lose 10 kgs and to my suprise i have cellulite, OMG! explain this to me doc, i thought only fat people have CELLULITE.

Dear Anne
Cellulite is one mystery that has not yet been unravelled. If you now have puckered, orange peel skin in various parts of the body after losing weight then it is possible that when you weighed more the skin was stretched by the underlying layer of fat. Now that you have lost 10 kg (well done!), that supporting fat layer may have disappeared or shrunk and the stretched skin now appears puckered. It is also important to differentiate between stretch marks and cellulite. Stretch marks are like scars that are left over when the skin has been stretched by gaining weight or having a baby. You can consult a Dermatologist for laser treatment and Retin A which is successful in removing stretch marks. Now as for cellulite, I have not yet heard a scientifically proven theory about what causes cellulite. I have written an article on cellulite which you can access by clicking on 'Diet'Food' at the top of this page and then doing a search for "The Lowdown on Cellulite". Doing targeted exercises may help, but it is important to persevere. There are also certain products that help for cellulite. You can contact Lilian Terry International at (021) 361-2606 and ask about their Cellulito Aromeopathic Complexes. If you still find that nothing helps for the cellulite then you could discuss the problem with a cosmetic surgeon.

1

Dear Anne